Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15: Brown Kicking Back And Enjoying The Florida Weather

Dee Brown is thrilled to be back with the Goldeyes. He’s also thrilled that he’s spending the winter, not in Winnipeg, but home in Florida not far from downtown Orlando.

“My off-season is going great,” Brown said. “I’m just relaxing, enjoying the Florida weather. It’s just great down here. I can’t think of a better place to be.”

Brown, 27, hit .322 with 12 home runs and 53 runs batted in last season. He was also one of nine Goldeyes to represent the club at the 2009 Northern League All-Star Game. On top of that, he’s a solid fielder and one of the best all-around players in the league.

But while he’s signed a contract to play here in Winnipeg next season, he decided against playing winter ball this year.

“I thought about playing Winter ball someplace, but I just didn’t want to play last summer and next summer in Winnipeg and then all winter in the Caribbean or Latin America,” said the criminal justice graduate from the University of Central Florida. “I didn’t want to be away from my son. Javier is just two and I didn’t want to miss this off-season with him down here.

“So I’m just working out, hanging with my son and fiancée and enjoying the weather. I’ll get up to Winnipeg in late April but right now, I’m just having a great off-season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment